Dobbins Middle School - 8th Grade Math

Welcome to my 8th grade math blog.


It will serve as my primary means of keeping you informed about your child's math class. I encourage you to visit often to stay abreast as we move through the 8th grade Common Core Georgia Performance Standards (CCGPS).



Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Week at a Glance: October 29, 2012

This week in math, we will complete the scientific notation unit. I decided to extend the unit because the students more practice with the concepts. The unit test will be on Thursday, November 1. Students need to be able to do the following:

Convert between standard form and scientific notation (back and forth)
Determine if numbers are correctly written in scientific notation.
Compare & order scientific notation expressions
Multiply & divide scientific notation expressions
Add & subtract scientific notation expressions

Adv Math: Scientific Notation w/powers.

On Friday, I will introduce the next unit, expressions & equations.